If you follow us on Twitter or Facebook you have probably already heard the news. Green Kitchen – the iPad App is finally launched! And we are super excited about it. We have filled it with our favorite recipes from the blog along with some new exclusively for the app.
It has been so much fun developing something for the iPad. Even though we love this blog, we always felt like it can be a bit complicated using the computer as a cookbook. The iPad truly has some advantages here. The big screen gives a good overview of the recipes and you can easily email the ingredients to your phone. The photos look absolutely incredible on it and they are bigger than on the blog. The touch screen is also really useful, you can for example swipe between the recipes and tap on each cooking instruction to mark it as done.
Here are some other things that we have added exclusively for the iPad:
- Each recipe is marked with Raw, Vegan, Gluten Free, Whole grain or Sugar free.
- You can quickly switch from US to metric units. (About time, right!?)
- We have made it even easier to cook from, with step by step cooking instructions.
- Save your favorites so you can return to them quickly.
- Find a specific recipe in the recipe index.
- Integrated with Facebook and Twitter, so you can brag about your cooking.
- More than 100 photos.
- Estimated cooking time on every recipe.
Even if you recognize some of the recipes in this app, we hope that we have made it even easier for you to use them.
Another great thing is that this is only the first version. As we were working with the app we came up with a lot of cool new functions for future updates. Things like Timer, Notes, Search based on ingredients, Additional seasonal recipes through inApp purchases, etc. So you can expect a lot of nice functions in the future updates of the App.
Green Kitchen is designed and developed by Amazing Applications, founded by two cool and brilliant vegetarian tech guys. They have been super fun to work with and they have put their soul into every little detail in the app; the sound when you tap open a recipe, the way the photos tile on the start grid, and the feeling when you scroll between recipes …
Do hire them if you think about making an app!
Before we let you go and play with this app, we would like to ask two favors from you:
1. Let us know what you think about it. If you have any ideas or requests about how we can improve it for future updates, we would love to hear them.
2. Spread the word. Tell your friends, colleagues, sisters and uncles. Share a recipe on your blog or link to it on Facebook or Twitter. We are forever grateful for this. Thank you!
You can download it here!
Ps. We will of course continue blogging as usual, if you had any doubts about that.