Our “To-do in November List” was four pages long. It was a list of highs and lows. Here are a few of the topics, to give you a small glimpse of our month:
• Cooking on a morning-tv show [High]
• Working on new recipes for an upcoming project (that we soon will share) [High!]
• Getting permission to rent out our apartment while we are gone [low – because of all the boring paper work, but High because we finally got the approval]
• Releasing a Christmas update for our app (it will be out any day now) [High]
• Getting new passports [Low – we always manage to fill in something wrong on those damn forms]
• Cleaning the bathroom drain [Ultra low]
• Finding some home exchanges in Australia & NZ [High – we have found a few trades that will make it a bit less restraining on our budget].
• And about a 100 other things.
And now we finally sit here in our half empty, well-cleaned apartment. All to-dos have been crossed off. Bags are packed. The kids are sleeping. And we are leaving for the airport in a few hours. We will be staying around Sydney in December and Melbourne in February. We’ll share more of our plans as they are shaping up.
This is almost too simple to call a recipe. But since popcorn + dark chocolate + sea salt is a damn good combo, that’s what we’re sharing today. Check out the video, make some popcorn and next time we’ll be writing from Australia.
Sea Salt & Dark Chocolate Popcorn
Cold-pressed coconut oil or organic butter
corn kernels (organic and GMO-free)
100 g / 3,5 oz dark chocolate (80%)
Place a large pot on medium high heat with enough oil to cover the bottom, be sure to keep the lid on the pot (you can tilt it slightly to let the moisture out). Drop a couple of kernels in, once they pop, you’re ready to add the rest and lower the heat to medium low. Add just enough to barely cover the bottom of the pot, put the lid on and wait until they begin to pop. You’ll be able to tell when it’s done when it’s about 5 seconds between each pop. Place the popcorn in a large bowl and immediately scatter the chopped dark chocolate over the warm popcorn and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir to combine. Ready to serve.